Marni B. Schwartz, Partner
A graduate of the State University of New York at Albany, with honors, and the American University, Washington College of Law, Juris Doctor, Ms. Schwartz was selected to participate in the Criminal Justice Clinic. She is an active member of the Howard County Bar Association, Howard County Family Law Section, Howard County Women’s Bar Association, and Howard County Collaborative Professionals.
Ms. Schwartz has spoken on Domestic Relations issues including divorce, domestic violence, representing children in contested custody cases, and cutting edge issues in Family Law for several organizations throughout Maryland including the Montgomery County Women’s Commission, New Beginnings, an organization for newly separated and divorced individuals, the Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education for Lawyers (MICPEL), Johns Hopkins University-APL, the Howard County Bar Association and the National Family Resiliency Center, Inc. (NFRC). Ms. Schwartz served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Domestic Violence Center of Howard County from 2005 to 2014, has served on the Board of Directors of the Howard County Collaborative Professionals since 2010, two (2) terms as president, the Scholarship Committee for the Columbia Foundation, and is currently serving her third term on the Board of Directors of Girls on the Run, Central Maryland. Ms. Schwartz was named a Maryland Super Lawyer and a Top Attorney in Maryland by Baltimore Magazine from 2009-2022. Ms. Schwartz was named to the Top 50 Women in 2021-2022 and the Top 100 Lawyers in 2022.
- Howard County Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Howard County Collaborative Professionals, Past-President
- Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission
- Howard County Women’s Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association, Judicial Merit Selection Committee
- Maryland State Bar Association
- James MacGill American Inns of Court
- Girls on the Run, Member of the Board of Directors
- Columbia Foundation, Scholarship Committee
- Howard County Family Law Assistance Program